A lot of things are having their lasts, and a lot are having their firsts.
In two days I have my last Garage Music News meeting, where I’ve been writing for the past two years. Being there has made me a better writer, a better friend, a better listener and collaborator and worker. There I’ve made friends like I’ve never imagined, people who inspire me every minute and help me grow and change.
Yesterday I came out to my family. I start my new life with a new name I thought long and hard about that feels more like me than anything ever has. It’s both nerve-wracking and relieving to not have to worry about who I’m being when, and I don’t know what life like this will be but I hope it’s just as good.
Now if you’ll excuse me, I bought seven books the other day and have to read them all before I move.
- “I Feel Love (All The Time)” by Theo Katzman
- “Parade” by Kevin Morby
- “Muscle Museum” by Muse
- “Song For An Old Friend” by The Mountain Goats
- “Baby I’m A Star” by Prince
- “A Better Son/Daughter” by Rilo Kiley
- “Mythological Beauty” by Big Thief
- “Swinging London” by The Magnetic Fields
- “Sign of the Times” by Harry Styles
- “Don’t Know Why” by Norah Jones
- “Black Sheep” by Metric
- “Touches You” by MIKA
- “Step” by Vampire Weekend
- “Heavy Boots” by Motion City Soundtrack
- “Maxwell’s Silver Hammer” by The Beatles
- “P.A.S.T.A.” by Tome Rosenthal
- “Take Five” by David Brubeck
- “To Wild Homes” by The New Pornographers
- “Cinnamon” by Palehound
- “Every Good Boy Does Fine” by OWEL
- “Hate That You Know Me” by Bleachers
- “Another Brick in the Wall, Pt. 2” by Pink Floyd
- “My Eyes” by The Lumineers
- “Androgynous” by The Replacements
- “The Grey King and the Silver Flame Attunement” by The Mountain Goats
- “It Gets More Blue” by Girlpool
- “Bad Liar” by Selena Gomez
- “Dream Operator” by Talking Heads
- “Big Bird” by AJJ
- “The Akara” by Beirut
- “Cut To The Feeling” by Carly Rae Jepsen
Cover art is “Crash Into Me” by Steven Chan.